ICL is an ‘implantable collamer lens’ that works with the eye to correct vision.
It is the choice for patients with an active lifestyle and those who cannot accept anything less than highest quality VISION.
ICL is the ideal procedure for patients of age between 20 years to 40 years of age; it is indicated for patients who have very high myopia or hypermetropia with thin cornea and are not eligible for lasik procedure, who want to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness.
TORIC ICL is a great option for patients it is indicated for the patients who have very high refractive error along with astigmatism (cylindrical numbers) and are not elligle for laser vision correction.
Each of the lenses is custom made to meet the needs of an individual patient.
HOW IT WORKS?
- ICL is made from COLLAMER, because of the collagen base in COLLAMER; it is biocompatible with the eye and provides exceptional quality of vision.
- Unlike traditional contact lenses that go on the surface of the eye, ICL is positioned into the eye between the IRIS (colored part of the eye) AND NATURAL LENS where it stays indefinitely.
- If your vision changes dramatically it can be removed from the eye.
- It is the best choice for a lens that is going to remain inside your eye for a lifetime.
ADVANTAGES OF ICL
- Short term recovery time
It is quick, pain free and may take as much as one day for recovery.
- Superior high definition vision along with ‘WOW’ factor
After 1 day of the procedure, the patients experience tremendous improvement.
- Designed to be permanent but yet removable
It can permanently correct vision.
ICL can simply be removed and / or replaced as and when required with utmost safety to the patient’s eye.
- Gives UV PROCTECTION
- It doesn’t contribute in causing dry eyes
- Invincible and undetectable
As it is placed between iris and natural lens, it is invincible to both patient and the observer
IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR ICL IMPLANTATION
- The ideal candidate for ICL Implantation is:
- The patient having refractive error above -15D Sph/ +6 Sph with thin cornea
- It is also indicated in some patients having small error of refraction but very thin cornea.
Some patients who have very high plus or minus numbers and very thin corneas or have other corneal conditions that might lead them to complications with Lasik Laser procedure, another alternative is ICL to correct their vision.
It is readily implanted in your eye behind the iris of the eye, by gently folding it and injecting it into the anterior chamber through a tiny incision of 3.0mm in length placed by the eye surgeon at the clear edge of the cornea. Patient can go home immediately with clear vision after ICL implantation. We can correct numbers above -20 D or + 8 D with ICL implantation. The ICL was approved by the US FDA in December 2005.
We are performing ICL implantation regularly at our centre with great success rate.
We here at clsc provide you with this technology; facility and team of vastly experienced doctors, so we can proudly say that we have performed ICL IMPLANTATION successfully on hundreds of patients, and each of them are more than satisfied.
- Rarely it can give early catarctous changes in the patient’s eye.
- Sometimes patient may face GLARE while driving at night.
- Patient may face a problem of raised IOP.