What is LASIK?
Laser Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis or Lasik, is most performed refractive surgery in the world.
- In Lasik the eye surgeon uses a microsurgical instrument called microkeratome/ Femtosecond Laser FS 200 (Bladeless) to create the corneal flap and Excimer Laser(EX 500 world’s fastest Laser) to reshape the cornea according to patients refractive error in such a way that the rays are focused on the retina automatically without the help of glasses or contact lenses.
- More than 5-6 million of eyes are operated every year by Lasik Laser worldwide.
- It is the safest method in which there is no pain, no injection, no dressing and the procedure is of few seconds only.
- Patient can resume his/her work from the very next day.
- Lasik is an outpatient surgical procedure used to treat myopia (Near Sightedness), hyperopia (Far Sightedness) and Astigmatism.
- Lasik eliminates your dependence on glasses and contact lenses.
- Almost every patient achieves normal vision after Lasik Laser procedure.
- Patient can read , write, work on computer, travel, cook, watch T.V., go for a movie, drive his/her vehicle and shower or head bath from the very next day.